Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our 6 week weight loss challenge!!!

Yesterday I started a new weight loss journey.  Day one was great! The temperature was in the 80's. The sun was out. I had just dropped Pippa off at MDO. I ran for the first time in as long as I can remember. It felt amazing! Er, I mean it sucked (or I did at least) but I felt great afterwards for doing it. I'm using the couch to 5K app and you only run for a minute at a time. That's right- a minute. Still, it was hard. I guess I have been on the couch for a little too long.  Well, today I took that excitement and couldn't wait to hit the track.  Oh wait, did I mention it was in the low 40's when I got out today?! Oh and freezing rain?! Yep! Gotta love that Oklahoma weather.  I hate running on a treadmill but I was determined to get my workout in. I took Liv to school and took Pippa to the child watch at the Y. I got on an elliptical machine and really started getting into a groove. Less than 10 minutes later they were calling me over the intercom to come pick up my screaming baby. Saint Nic has been drill sergeanting for almost a month. We have not seen him since he left with the exception of about an hour last Sunday when he came home to run in the marathon.  Both of my girls are having some major separation issues so I wasn't totally surprised.
I would say it is the effort that counts but, in this case that isn't true. I still had to get my workout in. I decided that I would just have to do it at home. Oh, home :/ that place where I have dishes and laundry and babies and a full DVR. What can I do?! My great idea? I'll workout during commercials. So I decide to do 10 push-ups (the girlie kind of course), 50 crunches, 10 front lunges with each leg, and 10 side squats on each side. Sometimes I added the resistance weight of a crying infant, who obviously does not want me to exercise. I am determined to get this workout in... and watch some TV. So I had to wait until the girls were in bed. It's late. I'm out of shape and I watch a lot of TV. I'm exhausted! I didn't even finish my shows because there are too many damn commercial breaks!!! Only good can come of this idea. Either I will get a lot of exercise in or I will watch a whole lot less TV. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment