Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I have a new kitchen creation!

I can't exactly call it a recipe so I will just call it a creation.  I have to thank my good friend Angie for the great idea!!!  It's a lot like my chocolate sour cream cake but the flavors are changed. 

1 box devil's food cake
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
2 packages of Lindt's Lindor truffles

Mix the dry ingredients then the wet and put into cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake on 350 for 5 minutes. Unwrap the truffles and put them in the semi-baked cupcakes and bake for 13 more minutes (18 total).  I recommend topping with your favorite cream cheese icing.  The fudge or chocolate BC is just too much.  The cream cheese icing recipe I use is 1 stick butter and 1 block cream cheese creamed together well, then add about 2 cups or so of powdered sugar.  I know it's not exact but I just add more until I like the texture and taste.  Unfortunately I have to taste the icing each time I add more.  You know, like quality control.  It's a painstaking process but I will make the sacrifice.

These cupcakes are so good and so easy.  Everyone will ask you for the recipe!  I've made them a few times now and people are always floored.  They are very rich so beware ;)

I think I'm going to try this with my white velvet cake and add dark chocolate truffles and then maybe do fudge icing.  What do you think?  Please let me know if you make this.  I want to know if you like them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment