Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

White velvet cake recipe

I don't often make things from "scratch".  I don't have a lot of recipes or a lot of experience with complicated recipes (or enough time)  I am a firm believer that if something is made in your home then it is "homemade".  I use a lot of mixes then modify them.  That is what I have done here.  This actually was based on a recipe I have used a lot that I call Double Chocolate Chip or Triple Chocolate Chip if I use fudge icing.  It is very moist inside and it isn't too light. It is great for carving! I had very few crumbs.  So here goes

Ingredients:
DRY
1 Pilsbury white cake mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 3.3oz box white chocolate pudding (Jello)
WET
4 egg whites
3/4 cup oil
1 cup white chocolate liquid coffee creamer
8oz sour cream
1tsp clear vanilla (you can use regular vanilla but it will color your cake and it won't be pure white)

Mix the dry ingredients, then stir in the wet.  Bake at 325 degrees. Baking times vary.  For an 8 inch round I baked for about 40 minutes. You really have to watch it. If it is over done, don't worry- The outer crust might harden (which will be fine if you're carving) but the inside will still be nice and moist.  Also, I have had a hard time with this cake sinking in the middle.  I'm sure the baking pin or ring would help with that but it didn't matter once I leveled my cake.  This would be a great bundt cake!

I made cupcakes with this recipe and they had a little divot in the middle.  So I filled them with caramel, topped them with chocolate BC then sprinkled a little sea salt on top.  They were SO good.  I was inspired by my favorite cupcake from Cuppies and Joe called "Boom Boom Pow" That super sweet with a little bit of salty was perfect! Let me know if you use this recipe and post pics if you have them. I love seeing other peoples' creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment