Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Crafty

This weekend is going to be full of crafty things.  We are going to a welcome home party for a guy that has been stationed overseas. I had the bright idea to make a 3D standing mushroom cake for the occasion, that is his nickname.  Have I ever done this before? No! Have I ever carved any cake before. No! well, not successfully.  To top it off I thought I would try a brand new recipe that I have no experience with.  End result? All the cakes sunk in the middle. I have faith that I WILL come up with something. For now, I am taking a break.  Tonight I'm getting together with some girlfriends to craft and maybe have a little wine (or wine with a little bit of crafting)  I am really excited because I am going to make a ribbon topiary and some tissue and crepe paper poms, none of which I have made before.  I'll post pics soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the cake. You are to creative and cool for words. I was trying to think what cake will she make me. Your husband was showing all the guys at golf,but hiding it from me. I have the pic on my facebook and so many people love it. Best part of the cake was the taste. I hope I can be at the next time you make a cake.

    ReplyDelete