Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's taking shape!

My mushroom cake is taking shape! I have had MANY challenges with this cake but I am making it work.  I don't think the end result will look professional.  I just don't have the time, skill, or energy to wrap it in fondant or wrap the base in modeling chocolate.  It will, however, resemble a mushroom and that is the goal. 
So, last night I crafted with some girlfriends.  I made a ribbon topiary.  I cut the ribbon at home so it wouldn't take me as long at Cindo's house (I am very slow at just about everything- slow and steady wins the race, right?) Then I started to put a couple pieces of ribbon on to see what it looks like.  I didn't really like it so I thought I would do a couple more, then a couple more.  It started to look so stinkin cute that I couldn't stop! I ended up finishing it at home before I even left.  So, I took tissue paper, crepe paper and cupcake liners to make some poms I found online... all of which were epic fails.  Oh well, I think I will make another topiary. Here's a pic.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I love it! I think they would be cute in O's room after the party is over!

    ReplyDelete