Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Modeling Chocolate Recipe

This is the recipe I used on the base of my mushroom cake. It's the first time I've used it but it worked well and I will definitely use it again.  It's so easy!

1 14oz package of candy melts
1/3 cup light corn syrup. 

Melt the candy melts according to the package directions.  Once melted stir in corn syrup until well blended.  Pour out onto wax paper.  Let it cool before putting it into the fridge to setup.  You can use it as soon as it is firm but it's probably best to leave it over night.  It does get really stiff.  In fact, I thought I botched it.  I worked with a little piece at a time.  Just squish it and fold it until it is smooth again.  If it gets too warm and becomes sticky or too soft to work with, just set it aside to cool. You can also put it in the fridge for a few minutes to speed this up.  Then you just use it again.  I like modeling chocolate better than fondant for things you need to completely wrap around b/c the warmth of your hand gently melts it and eliminates seams.  *Hint- white chocolate is a little oily so you might want to leave it a little longer to set up. Also this is great for making figurines.  It's really easy to manipulate (once you get it warmed back up with your hands) like fondant but it's a little more sturdy I think. I made a little owl but I didn't take a pic :/ 
I know this wasn't completely clear so if you have any questions just let me know.
I would love to see pics if you guys make anything with modeling chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment