Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Look what I made!

Are you on pinterest? Well, about a month or so ago, one of my friends pinned a cute little candy bar wrapped in brown paper to look like a reindeer.  I thought it was cute but didn't really have a use for it.  Last week, my daughter's teacher posted a sign-up list for their holiday party.  The first item on the list was drinks and a light bulb went off.  Hey! I could make drink boxes like those candy bars.  I couldn't remember who pinned it and I couldn't find it again. So, I improvised.  The original just wrapped a brown piece of paper around a Hershey bar,  cut out brown and red circles for noses and black and white circles for eyes then add pipe cleaner antlers.  I decided to use some bronze foil wrapping paper I got from Hobby Lobby.  I also decided to use oval-shaped googly eyes instead of paper.  For the nose I used red glitter paper.  The only problem I had was that nothing really stuck to the foil paper.  I use double-sided photo stickers for just about every project but they were too easy to remove from the paper.  I ended up using hot glue.  No biggie.  The last time I decorated drink boxes I used pop-up stickers to attach the straws back onto the box but I just used hot glue for that too and it was perfect!  Oh just don't forget to punch a hole through your paper where the straw will go.  I thought they were so cute I ended up making extra for a party we were invited to.  Hope you like them!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I think it was me who originally pinned it! I was going to make the candy bar ones for Masyns school for their Christmas party but there are 28 kids in her class! That would have been too expensive. I wished I had thought of the juice boxes!

    ReplyDelete