Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

On the 5th (and 6th) day of Christmas...

I am half way through the 12 days of Christmas with the hubs.  He has really enjoyed it.  I mean, who wouldn't like getting gifts everyday, right?  Well, I have enjoyed it too.  It makes me happy to make him happy but it also makes me happy when he does the dishes, gives O a bath or just offers to run errands for me.  Oh yes, he has been doing all those things since I started the 12 days.  Honestly, he helps out so much anyway.  I think this just maybe made him want to do a little more.  I'm sure he feels more appreciated.   
So, on to the gifts...
Day 5 I gave him a $5 gift card to Starbucks.  That should get him a grande (I hope! Starbucks is so expensive~ Geez!)  I thought with the simpler gifts I should present them in a more extravagant way.  This was a pretty simple gift but I packaged it in a nontraditional way. I put it in a can. I saw this idea last year and just sort of filed it away in the back of my mind. I can't take credit for it and there are probably a bajillion tutorials online already so I will not go into detail.  It's pretty simple.  I used a can that has a pull-tab top (usually soup cans do) Instead of opening it from the top I used a can opener and opened it from the bottom.  I emptied the soup (into my belly- love Italian wedding soup Mmmmmmm!)  I cleaned it really well. 
I even used a little bleach bc I felt like it still smelled a little soupy.  after it dried completely I put the gift card inside.  I also added some little candies because I thought it needed something else.  I used one of those fancy pampered chef can openers that don't actually puncture the can.  When I went to put the bottom back on I really didn't even need any glue.  I decided I would use hot glue anyway and it wouldn't work.  With that kind of can opener, there is no space for glue.  I ended up just using 2 little beads of hot glue and just firmly reattaching the bottom.  In the future, I will probably get a cheap can opener for projects like this.  That way I have more room for the glue and it will be totally hidden underneath the can.  After I closed the can I wrapped it in scrapbook paper.  I even cut a circle for the top bc there was a big NFL logo ontop and that didn't really fit my Christmas theme.  Not so bad for the first time, eh?  He had to pull the top open to get his gift.  He thought it was cool.  I guess I put too much candy inside though bc he didn't even notice the gift card.  He was happy with just the candies. 
On day 6, I gave him a 6-pack of reinbeers.  Cheesy? Yes, but I love it!  I got this idea from pinterest.  I thought the Guinness looked super cute but I happen to know that he does not enjoy Guinness from a bottle.  BC I am preggers I have not had beer since July... maybe August but he just found a new brewery out of Colorado that he really likes called Great Divide.  IDK a lot about their beers but they smell really yummy.  This one is called Claymore.  It reminds me of claymore mines (yes I'm a nerd) but the box is green and a little festive so I chose that.  Anyway this was really simple and needs no instruction.  I just thought I would post a pic for you to see.  Enjoy! 
By the way, I'm stumped for days 8 and 9. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment