Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

The girls' room


I thought I had it all figured out. Olivia received the cutest bedding from PBK after she was born. It was a total surprise bc we thought we were having a boy and had jungle bedding.  Anyway, a good family friend got this and I just LOVE it! It's pink and gray and just perfect really.  I just thought I would let Penelope have Olivia's old bedding and get Olivia something new to coordinate.  The only problem is there is nothing in pink and gray.  That's ok.  I can make it ;) There really aren't any fabrics in both pink and gray. So, I decided that I would just use this great gray damask print and pair it with some pink prints and solids. I just never found anything I liked well enough.   So, here we are just about 6 weeks away from Penelope's arrival and I have absolutely nothing done!
This fabric kept catching my eye but it didn't match anything else I was planning in my mind.  It's hard to tell on this pic but it is gray, lavender (or wisteria) and yellow.  After searching and searching and (watching that fabric go out of stock while I waited) I decided to change my plans, found this fabric at a fabric wholesaler along with all the coordinating fabrics as well.  I can't wait to get started! My first project? Cornice boards for the girls' room.  It will be in this fabric to the left.  After I get those up I will decide on how to use the other prints.  I just love it, don't you?!

1 comment: