Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Personalized cake carriers

 I have had my cricut for at least almost 3 years but I'm just now really getting the hang of it.  It probably stayed in the box for about a year! Although I just had to have it, it really intimidated me.  I broke it out last year to make some birthday decor for Olivia's party.  With the help of my cricut buddy I have really started to have fun with it.  My newest obsession? VINYL! It is so fun and can be used to personalize so many different things. 
Look at these fun cake carriers I made for a couple of my sisters. They are both just basic fonts you can find in Word.  You could also download some fun fonts on dafont.com  I've also used it to etch on glass but that is a gift for someone who has not yet seen it so I will post pics of that project later.  I really want to get some iron-on flocked vinyl to make some funky T-shirts or fun pillows.  I am in love with my little cricut now but my MIL got me the Cricut Cake for Christmas and I am actually intimidated by that now.  I've used it a couple times (without much success) but I plan on playing with that more so I can get the hang of that one too.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Cassandra! I love my cricut, but have never tried to do anything with vinyl. I look forward to seeing the glass etching when you post it!

    ReplyDelete