Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday continued (lots more pics)

So I just shared a lot of my projects from Olivia's 3rd birthday party here but I have a few more... plus a bunch of party pics.
Here is a pic of my sweet table.  I was very ambitious and thought I would make cake pops, a 3D clubhouse, chocolate covered oreos, Mickey shaped cookies with royal icing as well as the number 3 and square ones with Olivia's name.  This was a bit ambitious for anyone I think but especially for me since I just had a baby 3 weeks before Olivia's birthday. Well, this is what I got instead.  Oreos out of the package, cupcakes, and puppy chow.  I also made chocolate chip cookies and I found these adorable Minnie mouse sugar cookies that really didn't turn out anything like what the box looked like ;) It was still a big hit.
Also big hits were the 18" pixie stix and gourmet lollipops.  I'm not sure what makes them gourmet but they went fast!  The pixie stix were fun because I added little Mickey  labels to the top. The kids were really excited about these but I'm not sure the parents were.  I don't know that I would use them again for a party for toddlers... OOPS!

We had the basic food set up~ Hot dogs, chips and salsa, chex mix, some cheesy stuff.  Here is a pic of Nic preparing the "Hot Diggity Dogs" and look at what I did with the hot dog ketchup, mustard and relish bottles.
We also played some games.  This was an area I had to scrap too.  I had planned on making Minnie's BOW~tique, Goofy's obstacle course, Mickey Pavilion and Pluto's bubble bath.   Then I realized that there was not enough time and I didn't have enough "extra" adults to oversee these games.

So, Minnie's BOW~tique turned into Minnie's BOW~la~rama.  We didn't have an organized obstacle course but I still had tons of hula hoops to jump through and some other fun things.  I didn't get many pics of that but I did get a couple of Donald's Ducks.  You know what else I didn't get many pics of?  The birthday girl! She had such a good time and would not sit still long enough.  I thought I had a good pic with this one but she ran off!
I could hardly get her to come in for cake and presents

This is a pic of her gift table.  I made a banner with her name out of glitter paper using my cricut.  She loved it because it was so sparkly.  I hung it up in her playroom after the party.  I made a big cardboard number 3, painted it pink, modge podged and glittered the hell out of it but I totally forgot to hang it up :( I thought I could let someone else use it but then it got ruined outside.  Oh well.  I had also planned this big Mickey frame using a 10x13 and 2- 5x7 pics cut in circles framed with black glitter paper circles put together like a Mickey Mouse head and maybe even a big bow but it didn't work out. I ran out of time.  So what I do with a picture this size?  
I just hung it over the gift table.  I didn't want it to go to waste. I mean look at this girl... What a cutie, right?! Her sister is pretty cute too!  It was really hot out and she was so new that she was inside for most of the party.  She had some cute Minnie mouse ears too.  I know someone got a picture of her with them on but I'm not sure who. So, if you have it, please send it my way.  Here are some more pics of the party fun!



















Thank You!!!


2 comments:

  1. how did you put the mouse ears on the ketchup bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I obviously have not been very active on here. The Mickey heads were vinyl but you could use clear packing tape to make a sticker. I did that for water bottles.

    ReplyDelete