Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday (lots of pics)

I just thought I would share some pics of Olivia's birthday party.  The theme was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I didn't want to have a "grocery store party" but I was limited on time and resources because Penelope was born just a few weeks before Olivia's birthday.  I had to scrap probably half the ideas I had because I just couldn't fit it in.  I'm sure I'm the only one who noticed anything was missing.

Mickey and Minnie favor bags
So, I started with the Favor bags.  I wish I would have taken a pic of the contents but I didn't think to do that until after they were all gone.  They were a big hit! There was a slimy sticky hand thing, Mickey stickers, bubbles, a party horn and a kaleidoscope.  I didn't put any candy in the bags because we had candy prizes for some of the games.  To make these I used the solid color bags from Hobby Lobby.  There are 10 in a pack for $1.99.  You could also use a 40% off coupon if you wanted but I didn't.  I used my Cricut and the Mickey and Friends cart to cut the head pieces.  The ears were cut at 7 3/4 and the bows were cut at 2 1/2 real dial size.  The bottoms were just 4x6 pieces of paper and the buttons were 1" circles.  I did the same thing with the juice boxes. 
Mickey and Minnie juice boxes
First I wrapped them in black wrapping paper. (love HL's because there is a grid inside) And used 2" mickey heads but that will probably depend on the kind of juice boxes you use.  I used HiC.  I think juice boxes are my new thing.  I love the way they can be decorated to match any theme.  Like these reindeer boxes I made for Olivia to take to school and for a Christmas party last year. I have used different things to reattach the straws but I really think hot glue works the best.  Just make sure you are extra careful peeling the straws off so the wrappers are still intact when you go to reattach them.


I also made a couple banners. I made a basic name banner for the gift table.  In pics you can't tell that I used glitter paper but the birthday girl loves all things sparkly!  Now it is hanging in her playroom.  The one I was really excited about was the Happy Birthday banner.  It was so much fun!  I used gears in primary colors.  They are actually tractor wheels but there is a very similar image in the shapes file of SCAL.  I used the Mickey Font cart for the letters but you can download this from dafont.  I think it's called Minnie.  The hands were cut from Mickey and friends.  I attached them with little red brads.  I normally use ribbon but that didn't seem to work for the gears.  This way they kind of look like they are moving together.

I was pressed for time so I ditched the 3D fondant covered clubhouse and went for cupcakes.  Actually, Nic made all the cupcakes and I made the icing and cupcake toppers.  The cupcakes were all vanilla (so the cupcake liners would not turn too dark as they often do with darker batters)  This was a fun way to incorporate some of the characters from the show.  I used red liners for Mickey and pink polka dots for Minnie, added my fudge cream cheese icing and little ears on a pick.  For Donald I just cut out his hat and a tiny red bow, which I don't think I got a pic of, and used buttercream icing.  For Goofy I used a yellow liner, chocolate buttercream and his hat on a pick.
I have a some other projects I did and a whole bunch of pics to share so I'll just post them here

1 comment: