Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas (1-8)

 
Well, it's day 7 of Nic's 12 days of Christmas and he is loving it! I mean who doesn't love getting gifts every single day, right? Day 7 was his favorite (and probably mine too) but here's a little recap of his gifts.  First was this awesome coffee tumbler from Starbucks.  He says it works a little too well... keeps his coffee piping hot for hours!  On the second day he got 2 pair of cycling socks.  I'm not sure what makes them cycling socks (except for the price- geez!) but he's really into mountain biking lately so he was excited.  On the 3rd day I got him a new blue controller for his PS3 (see what I did there?) It was blue too.  That's his favorite color in case you weren't sure. 
On the 4th day I got one of his favorite beers which happens to come in a 4 pack.  This is from a brewery called Great Divide.  They are out of Colorado and probably Nic's favorite.  On the 5th day I gave him a gift certificate for a 5 minute foot massage.  If you know me at all you know this is a HUGE gift as I hate feet more than a lot of things!  I was struggling to find something for the 11th day so I thought I was going to have to do it then. 

On the 6th day I gave him these cool little ice cubes.  They are stainless steel and come in a little container to freeze and store them.  So, here we are day 7.  He is at the fire station today so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to surprise him.  I made this little accordion style card with 7 things I love about him.  I pinned it up on his visor with a little tag hanging for him to pull and it would unfold in front of him.  He loved it! I think it's so nice just to let your loved ones know just how much they mean to you.  We get so busy with life that sometimes we forget to tell them.  Telling your husband why you love him or what you love about him makes you both feel special. ok cheesefest over...
On to day 8! I can't wait!!! I hope he shares.  I am giving him this salted caramel hot cocoa that has 8 servings and it is SO good!  They also have a toasted marshmallow hot cocoa which I haven't tried yet.  It sounds yummy though so, dear Santa, I would love that in my stocking!  I think I have been mostly nice. What do ya say?  Oh I'd also love a food processor or a terrycloth robe... you know, in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment