Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's Christmas time!!!

I love Christmas for all the right reasons... and all the commercial reasons too. I love giving gifts, decorating cookies, hot chocolate, Christmas lights and all that! This year I have not been able to really get into the spirit. This is mostly because I have had so much going on with school, finals, clinicals... stuff like that. I also forgot that you don't get into the spirit, the Spirit gets into you if you let Him. I have been so busy rushing around that I have not been able to "see the forest for the trees" and really appreciate what is all around me. Well, it is only the 13th and it is not too late to start celebrating advent and getting ready for Christmas.  I've started praying more with Olivia and reading her stories about Christ's birth instead of the usual princess stories.  We have been singing Christmas carols instead of lullabies and We're loving it!  We've also enjoyed some of the more commercial aspects of Christmas like Christmas lights displays and shopping.  Tonight we had a little family datenight.  Nic finished putting our lights up before we left.  We went to dinner, saw some lights and came home to see our house lit up with our own lights, some Christmas trees and a couple moving reindeer (LOVE)
 One thing I really enjoyed doing last year was the 12 days of Christmas with my very own Saint Nic. Yes, I know that I do this backwards, but it's just something fun I like to do. So, today is the first day of Christmas (for my purposes) and the 12th day will be on Christmas Eve. Basically, I give him little gifts that correlate with the number of day it is. Like, today... It's the 1st day of Christmas so he gets one blue steel coffee tumbler and I'm hoping Santa puts the matching gold one in my stocking (wink, wink!) Tomorrow he might get 2 of something. The trick is surprising him with it. So, I have to sneak around after he goes to bed or before he gets up... kinda like that dang elf! I have a big HESI exam this morning so I won't get to see his reaction but I'm sure he'll love it. Happy Advent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment