Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 1

I got a late start today but I did start!  I did the first workout on the 30 Day Shred video and let me tell you- it was rough!  Before I had Olivia I was in one of those bootcamps you see at all the parks.  I was awesome! I was strong and fit and fast... okay, maybe I have never been that fast but I was healthy.  I had endurance and stamina. None of those things are true today.  Who would have thought that in 2 short years I would have sunk so low.  But today is a new day! I am starting today and moving forward.  I just might be moving a little slower than I would like.  So, day 1...
There are 3 workouts you can do right in your living room.  All you need is a pair of hand weights.  I have a set of 3lb and 5lb weights.  Guess which ones I used.  That's right 3.  Anyway, you do each workout for 10 days before moving on to the next.  They are only 20 minutes but they are high-intensity with no breaks.  I had to do the modified exercises and I still struggled but hopefully that will change a bit before I get to workout 2.  When I read this back to myself I think "20 minutes with 3lb weights?! That's not much" but I have to start somewhere. My goal is to use the 5lb weights by workout 2.  I will keep you updated!  I have heard some encouraging words from my friends who read yesterday's post so please keep 'em coming.  Are any of you challenging yourselves? Do you already have an exercise regimen that you follow.  Tell me what it is.  I'd also love any exercise and diet tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment