Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

It's in the works!

My little girl's birthday is coming up at the end of next month and I had all these grand ideas for her party. As it turns out, my family will be going out of town twice around her birthday.  We also have a wedding, several showers, 2 first communions and of course Easter.  It was difficult to find a date that would accomodate everyone and just as soon as I pick one out there is another road block.  On top of all of that it seems like the hubs has to work or has drill every weekend.  I guess it won't be the end of the world if we have to celebrate it late.  That just gives me more time to come up with things to make for her party that I don't need.  Speaking of things I don't actually need but are super cute... I made this!
I cut a big 2 out of styrofoam and covered it with ribbon (just like I did with the topiary)  It took me a LOT longer though because it is so big but I just love it! I'm not sure what I'll do with it after her party- or until then actually. For now it resides in an armoire. 
I also started her birthday banner.  I really like the way it has turned out so far.  I used my ginormous paper cutter and my Cricut.  This is the first time I've actually made anything with my Cricut and I got it last year for Mother's Day.  I know- it's sad.  Thanks to Keli letting me use her cartridges I cut out all the backings, letters and owls.  I'll connect them with ribbon and tulle but I just can't bring myself to cut holes in it yet.  I'm not sure what my next project will be.  I probably need to finish the banner first.  Then, maybe I will make a ribbon table skirt or backdrop. Oh and I want to build a wooden nesting cupcake stand but that one seems a little far fetched.  We'll see.  I may just wrap some boxes in pretty paper and stack them instead. 
Tell me what you think of the banner so far. I'll post more pics when I finish it.

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! It all looks great! You are going to have an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete