Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 Day Challenge

I'm fat! Yeah, I said it.  It didn't happen overnight but here I am 235 lbs.  Yikes! I can't believe I am putting this out there but I'm hoping it will keep me accountable.  If you haven't seen me in a while this number might surprise you.  If you've seen me though, I don't think this will come as much of a shock.  I'm big.  I think this is the biggest I've ever been in my whole life, including when I was pregnant!  I have a lot going on and have for some time.  I have been taking care of everyone but myself.  So, today it stops!  I really don't care much about the number on the scale as long as I am healthy (which I'm not).  I am going to adopt healthy eating habits and start working out again. I guess that means no more cupcakes for breakfast ;)  My very good friend has been sending me emails for a 30 day challenge that she is doing, it's on day 16 and I haven't even started.  I think it's a good idea though so I am making my own 30 day challenge.  I am also going to be using Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred videoI'm preparing for a 5K and hopefully a 10K after that so I'll be "running" a little also.  I like to call it running but it's really more of a trot. Confucious says "It doesn't matter how slowly you go, so long as you don't stop"
I will write about my personal challenge and I invite you to join me in challenging yourself.  Please comment and let me know about your challenge or write about mine.  I could really use the encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Brittney spears, you will always be beautiful! I hear ya about gaining the weight. I got up to 298 after my first son was born....three years and another kid later and I am down to 240. I am still trying to lose so I am in the same boat as you.
    good luck and I miss you. I know you can do it, you are amazing when you set your mind on something.

    love ya girl, Nikki Faulkner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Cassandra!! You can totally do it. I finally made it to Whole Foods for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was blown away by all of the fresh produce and yummy foods. It has been so much easier for me to eat healthier once I had a fridge stocked with healthy foods and even some quick, healthy snacks.

    My nutrition/health class taught me even more about eating well. The Mediterranean diet seems to be a pretty healthy one and the only diet that has been proven to be healthy and yields the best results is the low calorie, high fiber diet. Anything that cuts carbohydrates, proteins, or any food group out, is not healthy! We need macronutrients and micronutrients to survive and to combat disease-related illnesses.

    Anyway, I'm SUPER proud of you!! If you ever need healthy recipes, I have lots! :)

    ReplyDelete